The content of the pages of this website is for general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Once you enroll for the TEFL FIRST course, you will receive a confirmation email, confirming your purchase, username, password and instructions on how to access the course and contact your tutor.
We accept payment in Great Britain Pounds only. Our prices include all taxes. Payments can be made securely online. We accept MasterCard, Visa Credit/Debit, Maestro and Visa Electron.
Payment via PayPal and Western Union are accepted.
TEFL FIRST reserves the right to change the prices on the website without prior notice.
You have 180 days to complete the course. Your study time begins as soon as you register. If you were unable to complete the course within the180 days, you should purchase a course extension. Course Extension fees are
- 1 month – £20 GBP
- 3 months – £35 GBP
- 6 months – £50 GBP
Course extension could be obtained more than once and at any point after your course has expired. Your course extension will take effect from the moment you make the payment.
Learners have 2 attempts to pass the test in each module. All tests must be passed. If you require more attempts you could purchase them for a small fee. The pass mark is 50% and if this is not achieved then TEFL FIRST reserves the right to fail the trainee. Refunds are not made if the learner hasn’t successfully passed the course.
Non- native Speakers
All learners, native and non-native speakers, we recommend an English level of CAE (Cambridge Advance English) or above. The learner should have CAE or minimum IELTS 5.5/CEFR B2.
You can email your tutor via firstname.lastname@example.org Tutors are not available by phone. Your tutor will respond within 2 business days.
Your PDF certificate will be available for down load as soon as the course is completed.
Hard Copy certificates will be available for 20 GBP. It will be delivered to you by registered post.
Refunds and Cancellations
You are entitled to a 50% refund within 7 days from the date of purchase, as long as no test has been done. Once your refund has been made your details will be deleted from the system.
To apply for a refund please email email@example.com Refund will be processed within 14 business days, less any bank charges or Paypal charges.
TEFL FIRST are responsible for administrations cost of the recruitment process.
The successful applicant is responsible for the following:
- Anything not included in the job package (visa, medical, flight, etc.) note each job offers a different package and so what you are responsible for varies with each post.
- TEFL/TESOL training
- All spending while in country
- Travel insurance (if applicable)
TEFL FIRST manages the application process on behalf of its partners. We can’t change or influence the requirements of the teaching jobs’ market in your destination country. The final decision on whether to accept an application rests with our partners. We can’t challenge or insist on being given reasons for any rejection on your behalf.
We expect our in country partners and schools to comply with all relevant laws for the country. Neither partners nor TEFL FIRST will accept any liability arising from discrimination laws, health and safety practice or other matters which vary between your destination and home countries. For example, please be aware that as well as your qualifications and general experience, overseas employers may take into account race, appearance, strength of accent and medical history when making recruitment decision.
You will be required to enter into a teaching contract with your individual institution. While we have partnered with reputable schools, it is important to note that your teaching contract is not with TEFL FIRST and we can’t negotiate or challenge any terms in it on your behalf. Your hours of work, annual leave entitlement and accommodation well as general terms and conditions should be set out in your contract, and will be the responsibility of your institution.
- Precise working conditions as well as holiday / term dates may vary between different schools and regions.
- You will be expected to dress and behave appropriately for work in accordance with the cultural norms in your destination country. These may be very different from those in your home country. We will not be able to help you if your contract is terminated because you refuse to comply with your school’s expectations in relation to style of dress, hair or personal adornment (E.g.: piercing and tattoos)
- You will be expected to take care of, and be responsible for, any material provided for your use by your school. You may be held financially responsible for any damage or loss caused to such materials.
- You will be subject to your destination country’s laws during your teaching contract, and it is imperative that you comply with these. TEFL FIRST accepts no liability should you choose to violate any laws and / or if your contract is terminated as a result of you violating such laws.
- Your school reserves the right to terminate your contract should you choose to violate any of the work rules and regulations set by the school. In this case neither the school, nor TEFL FIRST will have any responsibility for any costs incurred.
- You will be held financially responsible for any damages to accommodation provided through your contract, whether caused by you or by somebody who is in your accommodation with your permission.
Correct Paper Work
All offers of acceptance onto TEFL FIRST course or a contract offer are reliant on you being able to produce the correct paperwork prior to travelling to your destination country.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- CV/ resume
- Original certificates for all required qualifications, including a degree ( if relevant)
- Valid passport
- Original certificate from a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA from a recognized, accredited provider
- Original medical check report
- Police clearance certificate
- Evidence that you are fit and healthy to travel, if requested (doctors report)
- Any specific requirements for your program, as set out in the program information.
Failure to provide the correct documentation within the timescales specified by TEFL FIRST may mean that you may forfeit the position offered. Neither TEFL FIRST nor its partners will be responsible for any costs you may incur through delayed or non-production of the relevant certificates or documentation.
Accuracy of Marketing Material
Every reasonable effort has been made to describe positions correctly in our marketing materials and on our website. All statements are correct to the best of knowledge at the time they are made. TEFL FIRST can’t be held responsible for any changes that become known or happen after the printing of any written materials, nor can we accept liability for events outside our reasonable control. We will undertake to advise you of any material changes known to us prior to your departure, providing there is sufficient time to do so and we can contact you.
Use of Photos and comments
By agreeing to these terms and conditions you agree that we may use any photos / images that we or someone on our behalf takes from you or any comments (written or verbal) you make during or in connection with your participation on the program for our promotional / marketing purposes without obtaining your further specific permission or making payment to you. Such use may include mentioning your name, age and area of residence.
If you have any complaints, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
TEFL FIRST reserve the right to alter the delivery of courses, subjects or services at any time, including its policies, procedures, fees, rules, or regulations, and to discontinue or vary any course, subject or service at any time without notice.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
By ticking the terms and condition box on the website you are agreeing to accept all the above terms and conditions.