As a lead classroom teacher, your goal will be to improve the conversational English skills of students. Many Chinese students are more comfortable reading and writing in English than they are listening and speaking. Through creative classroom exercises and interactive games, you will give your Chinese students the confidence to use English in conversational settings.
RemunerationYou’ll earn a net salary of 7,000-12,000 RMB a month, plus rent-free housing. If you stay for two consecutive semesters at the same school you will be eligible for airfare reimbursement of 8000 RMB. Salaries tend to be higher at private schools where teachers work more hours. Public schools and universities are at the lower end of the pay scale but teachers enjoy a lighter workload and a generally more relaxed work environment. Pay is generous by local standards, and about twice that of a local teacher. Expenses are very low, and your income can go a long way, leaving you with savings or funds to explore all China have to offer!
DURING ORIENTATIONYou’ve arrived, you’re jet-lagged, and you’re more than a little culture-shocked. You and your fellow teachers will enjoy an in-country orientation upon arrival that includes:
- Airport pickup
- Presentations from current teachers
- Cultural tips and lessons
- Local Excursions
- Accommodation and most meals
- Transportation from orientation to your host institution
- Native or Non-native English Speaker with Bachelor Degree
- Preferred two years’ work experience
- TESOL/TEFL Certificate preferred
- Clean criminal history background
- Must be patient, flexible and great communication skills, adaptable and be a team-player
- Must love kids/teenagers and adults
- Energetic and passionate about working with people